Thursday, July 3, 2008

Announcements

So I have two pretty exciting announcements to share with everyone. First our sweet little Olivia has potty trained herself and it's like a dream come true. We really didn't do anything. We had her sit on the potty a couple of times and "try" to go to the bathroom and she did it, but then life got busy and we hadn't bothered with it for awhile. Then a few weeks ago she just started telling me "I gotta go potty." She's pretty amazing, she'll tell us that she has to go and then if we aren't by a bathroom, she'll actually hold it until we can find one, it's crazy. She's not even two! To celebrate her potty victory (besides all the dancing, praise, and high fives) we bought her "princess" Tinkerbell panties and she loves them. Olivia continues to amaze us every day and like I've said before, we think she's a total genius!

Our second bit of news is that we are expecting our second baby on January 6th and we are so excited! I've felt a lot worse with this pregnancy than I did with Olivia, but I guess that's the price you pay and now I have a lot more sympathy for those who REALLY get sick while they're pregnant. I've also craved meat and veggies with this one and with Liv it was all sweet things so Myles is really hoping that means it's a boy. We find out in August what we are having and I don't really care either way, but I think Myles and his Dad want a boy so they can plan out his wrestling future (poor little guy). Olivia doesn't really grasp the concepts that there is a baby growing in Mommy's tummy, but she absolutely loves babies and I'm sure she'll be so excited to be a big sister.

7 comments:

ArmstrongShiz said...

It's amazing that she potty trained so fast. Guin is over two and still hates it. Congrats on the new baby.

Kelly O. said...

CONGRATS!!! And that is so great that she potty trained herself. The more I learn about that whole potty-training business in my counseling classes, the more I realize it's gonna be very hard for me to give up so much control and basically let them train themselves when they're ready. You're lucky she's such a gifted girl!

Stacy said...

Congrats! I am glad you finally posted something! ;o)

Kelly O. said...

I meant congrats on being prego with numero dos!

Robin and Stephenie said...

Crongrats and Congrats! I can't wait for kenidee to be potty trained I am having a tough time with that I don't even know where to start. ( I havne't even had a dog to train)
Baby # 2 how fun. We are expecting in december!

Katie Ferguson said...

Congrats on your pregnancy.

dankirty said...

Congrats on the new baby! Your blog is super cute!