Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh my screaming girls!!!!!

So I'm a huge fan of the Twilight Saga, like most who read it, so when Stephenie Meyer announced that she was having one of her four concert series book tours in Seattle I jumped at the chance to go see her in person and get my book signed. The night really was so much fun! I made Myles go with me and he is such a good sport because there were over two thousand people there and literally only about five of those two thousand were men/boys. We caught ourselves giggling a lot because most of the girls were sporting t-shirts professing love for one of the characters in the book and they were absolutely going crazy, like high pitched screaming at every opportunity. Stephenie Meyer couldn't say the name "Edward" (the main heart throb of the book) without the crowd roaring with cheers, it was insane. Also Justin Furstenfeld, the lead singer of Blue October, was there with her and he was so so good live and acoustic. It was really neat because she'd talk about a song of his that inspired a certain part of her book or represented a certain character and then he would play the song, and then again everyone would scream and some even cried. The whole thing made me really excited for when my girls are that age, because it's fun to be giddy and silly and I can be giddy and silly right along with them.



I made Myles hold up my book and get his picture taken in the middle of the crowd of girls anxiously awaiting the beginning of the show. I tried to get him to pose infront of one of the posters for the upcoming movie, but I guess that was a little too much for him to agree to.

One of the many shirts expressing affection for the fictional vampire boys. I think these girls are doomed to search for Edward their entire lives and are going to be highly disappointed when a god like vampire boy doesn't sweep them off their feet. I guess it's good to dream though.

This is just the beginning of the crowd rushing in, the place was packed and like I said before extremely noisy with all the screaming and giggling.

Stephenie was really fun to listen to. She answered a bunch of questions from the audience and then talked a lot of her passion for music and how it inspired her in her writing. She and Justin Furstenfeld were really funny with each other too, almost like they were old buddies getting to hang out on stage. The whole thing was very relaxed (except the screaming) and even Myles admitted that he had a good time (I love that guy).

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh I am so jealous! I watched the LA concert on the internet, and it was really cool. I bet you had so much fun, and I am very impressed Myles went. I totally would have made nick go too!