Friday, August 29, 2008

Evergreen State Fair

Myles and I decided that it would be a lot of fun to go to the fair this year with Olivia and his family. Since we both had to work all day we only went for a few hours, but it was the perfect amount of time and everyone had a blast. Papa Martin, Bojanney, Uncle Cole, and Aunt Mishy had prepared Olivia for all the fun things she would see, so when we came to pick her up to go the first words out of her mouth were "I wanna see the farm" and especially the "little piggies." I wasn't feeling that great and was about to call the whole thing off but as soon as I saw how excited she was I knew I'd just have to suck it up because she really did deserve to see the piggies.
This is right before we went in and I think Myles' goofy face says it all...we were so excited!
We headed straight for the animals when we got there and the "little piggies" didn't disappoint. Olivia loved watching them wrestle and nurse their mama, she even got to touch one. It was so cute!
These little pygmy goats were so cute, especially the babies. Liv loved them!
Liv loves her "Uncle Cole Cole" and was so happy that he got to come to the fair with her. Thanks for entertaining her a bunch while you visited Cole, Liv is still talking about it.
Olivia flipped out with excitement when she saw all the rides, unfortunately she wasn't tall enough for most of them, but we did find two that she and Daddy could go on. I don't know how much she liked this little roller coaster, at times she would be laughing and at other times she was burying herself in Myles side, but the Carousel was a definite hit!




We had so much fun watching Olivia experience the fair for the first time. Her enthusiasm was completely contagious and we all had a blast looking at the animals, riding rides, and eating delicious food! We can't wait to do it again next year!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Laura! I haven't looked at your blog in forever! Your girl is getting so big. I am really excited that you are expecting girl #2 soon! I finally gave into the peer pressure and started a blog recently it's bikebellgirl.blogspot.com. Still trying to figure the whole thing out. Cheers!

Hayley said...

Okay so I know it's a little cliche to say,"your kid is so cute!"- but REALLY- Olivia is THE CUTEST! Mallory loves baby animals too- what a fun age! I'm glad you toughed it out and still had fun- What a good mama!